LITCRI '17 / VI. International Literature and Literary Criticism Conference will be held at Nippon Meeting Halls in Istanbul. The conference is coordinated by DAKAM (Eastern Mediterranean Academic Research Center) and will be organized by BILSAS (Science, Art, Sport Productions).
The event will be held on the same days with LANGUAGE AND ETYMOLOGY '17 / II. International Conference in Language Studies and LANGUAGE LEARNING AND TEACHING '17 / II. International Conference on Education and Language. Participants will be able to attend any of the sessions of these conferences.
All abstracts are going to be selected according to double blind reviews and accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings E-Book with an ISBN number that will be given to you in a DVD box during conference registration.
We invite you to join us at the event in Istanbul and would like to emphasize that proposals from different parts of the world are welcomed.
For the publication opportunities, registration conditions and presentation instructions, please visit the REGISTRATION INFO page. For accommodation opportunities and city tours, please read the ACCOMMODATION & TOURS page.
DAKAM's LIT CRI ’16 will search for new answers by bringing forward new questions of literature and will question if it is possible to create a literary system in a world in which power relations always change.
Literature today has a rich, wide and chaotic space in relation with increasing communication utilities, new digital channels, increased creative writing efforts, intensive translation activities, effect of big media, rewards and activities.
Bestsellers in one hand, small poet environments on the other hand, blogs in one hand, traditional journals on the other hand; central big publications in one hand, individual freedom of e-books in the other hand; social webs in one hand, traditional author gatherings on the other hand; paper, pen in one hand, digitally consumed texts on the other hand; big rewards in one hand, authors protecting anarchist spirit on the other hand -the production of young generations born into new age, living on scholarships as well as copyright, transformations on the political face of the world, new faces of intellectual trends, experimental works, digital utilities, new subjects and new styles change the literature world everyday and confront us with new questions and definitions.
To which directions 21th century literature heads, which characteristics are already obvious and which surprises hide the first indications inside are the questions waiting for answers.
Together with this, evaluating literature today with the heritage of 20th century seems as important as re-reading the recent era literature history from today’s point of view. Literature today needs to be handled its history and roots dating back eras ago. Mainly philosophy, sociology and politics, nest relationships of all intellectual production areas is the most important subject of literature arguments.
LIT CRI sets off for raising questions as well as searching for answers on new dimensions of literature, literature theory and literature criticism in the new millennium. Trying to to reach for dimensions which are currently invisible to other geographies, curious about all innovations in every language, excited about all works comparing literature today
- Modern and Contemporary Novels and Short Stories
- Modern and Contemporary Poetry
- Reading the Classics
- Bestselling Literature
- Comparative Literature and Case Studies
- Literature For Children And Young Adults
- Crime/Detective Fiction and Science Fiction
- Comic/Graphic Novel
HISTORY AND CRITICISM
- Discussions in the History of Literature
- New perspectives in History and Case Studies
- Literary Criticism and Critical Theory
- Objectivism and Subjectivism in Literary Criticism
- History of publishing, books and libraries
- New media and literature: Theory and case studies
- Essential Texts on Literary Theory
- Author as Critic: Theoretical texts by authors
- Literary characters vs human beings
- The “constructedness” of fiction: consequences for literary interpretation Literature as history, history as literature
- Theoretical dimensions of the idea of “representation”
- Symbolism, metaphor, narrative levels: consequences for philosophical
- The concepts of “meaning” and “truth”in literary works
- Relationship between explicit content and critical elaboration
- Hermeneutics of suspicion / symptomatic reading vs. taking the works on its own terms
- Definition and concepts by literary movements or periods
- Interdisciplinary Studies on literature
- Modernism and Representation modernism
- Structural relationship between literature and linguistics
- Quantitative Reasearch on Literature
- Philosophy and fiction
- Language, culture and poetry
- Politics, sociology and class struggle
- Biographies of Authors and Poets
- Concept of World Literature
- The position of translation on the literature scene
- Literature after orientalism
- The position of comparative literature
- The function of power relations
- Logistics of literature
- Activities, education and fairs
- New forms throughout the history of literary fiction
- The change of social perception and economy of literature
- "Progress" in the history of literature
- The concept of "new" in realist, modernist and post-modern literary theory
- Language of fiction, grammer, and ordinary language
- Style and the unique language of literature
- Style, Composition and Structure
- Comparative analysis of literary texts based on differentition
- Differention in terms of geography and periods
- Expression of Social Stratification
- Breaking with traditional styles and form as a self conscious way of expression
- Irregularity as a critical perspective
- Ideology, resistance and literature
- Contemporary trends and experimental literature
- Performance and poetry
All papers will be published in proceedings e-book as DVD (with an ISBN number) and then in DAKAM's online library. A selection will be made in the relevant DAKAM JOURNAL that will be reviewed by Thomson&Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
Haberdar ol: Şehrinde gerçekleşen 20 kategoride etkinlik mailine gelsin.
Kişiselleştirilmiş etkinlik önerileri: Etkinlikler arasında kaybolma. Şehrini ve ilgi alanlarını seç, beğendiğin kişi ve markaları takip et. Sana özel etkinlik önerileri al.
Profesyonel etkinlikler: Linkedin ile üye olarak ağırlıklı profesyonel etkinliklerden haberdar olabilirsin.
Özel indirimler: Harika deneyimleri daha ucuza yaşamak için bizi takip et.
Etkinlikler tek bir yerde: Biletix, İBB, eventbrite ve daha fazlası
Binlerce etkinlik: Şu anda keşfedebileceğin 2349 etkinlik
Pratik filtreleme: Aradığını kolayca bulabileceğin etkinlik filtresi
Organizatörle etkileşim: Etkinlik organizatörüne doğrudan ulaşabilme
Etkinlikleri ilgi alanınıza göre Facebook, Twitter ve Linkedin üzerinden de takip edin.Sosyal Medya'da Takip Et